12 Sweet (And Savory) Ways to Enjoy Your Pie
Hi There! It’s me, Robyn, from the Front of House Staff here at Pie Bar. I absolutely love serving you and getting to know you all here at Pie Bar! You bring me so much joy! One of the super fun things I have noticed here in my time at the shop is how many fun and creative ways you all find to enjoy your pie with friends and family. You are all just the smartest, sweetest and kindest folks and so I wanted to share a few of the ideas for eating and sharing your pie I have observed here with you! Hope you enjoy!
- Back to School Pie: With school back in session and the new Fall flavors in our cases, it’s the perfect time to bring your student in and have them share all about the new classes and teachers over a piece of delicious pie and maybe a cup of coffee! Tell us all about your new classes, too! We love to catch up with you! It’s super fun for us to be part of your lives with pie and warm memories! Yummy pie and some fun conversation just might be the perfect thing to help ease that transition back to classes. Or maybe junior is heading off to college? How about sending him off to college with his own whole pie to share with the new roommates? They are sure to love that little touch of home as they settle into college life.
- Classes, classes, for the masses!! And speaking of classes, don’t forget we offer pie baking classes here at our new Extension Kitchen! Taught by owner Lauren Bolden or former Head Baker Olivia, they are sure to be lots of fun. You get some hands on teaching, maybe learn a few pie baking secrets and come home with your own whole pie to show off! Woo Hoo!
- The Holiday Pie! We are so excited to be able to ship pies near and far for you! If you live locally and can’t make it in to the shop, Grub Hub will bring your favorite pie to you! Also, this year for Thanksgiving or Christmas we can ship pies to your family and friends anywhere in the U.S.! So even if you can’t make it to Aunt Edna’s holiday gathering in Illinois or if you just want to send a very special merry Christmas greeting of pie to your good friends back in Texas, we’ve gotcha covered! Don’t forget to order your pie early for Thanksgiving!
- Date Night on the Town: How fun is Downtown Woodstock? Bring your loved one downtown to hear some live music or maybe see a play at Elm Street Cultural Arts Center, have dinner at one of our many wonderful local eateries and stop in to top it all off with pie! You’re sure to give your sweetheart a date night to remember!
- Wedding or Event Pie! This one is so much fun! Whether you want to serve some of our delicious and adorable Itty Bitties or Mini Pies, or you prefer to have your own “pie bar” set up with several whole pies for your special day, give us a call and let us help make your special day even sweeter!
- Picnic with Pop: How about planning a special outing such as a day fishing with Grandpop? Make a couple of sandwiches and throw in a few slices of pie and some waters and you are ready for a special day with Grandpa!
- Birthday Pie: Cake is great but PIE is even better!! At least we think so! Give us a call when you are ready to place an order for a special pie for your birthday or come on in the shop and select two flavors (because sometimes two is better than one), and let us make up a half-and-half pie for your celebration!!
- Me Party: Ok, so I may or may not have stolen that title from a certain Muppet movie, but I love the concept! Sometimes we just need to have our own time just to treat ourselves! When you want a little “you” time, stop on in for a slice of your favorite pie, grab a book from our little Pie-brary and cozy up on the sofa and just relaaaaxxx. You deserve it!
- Brunch with the Grandparents! Next time Grandma and Grandpa stay the night, have one of our Take and Bake Bacon and Cheddar or Spinach and Feta Quiches ready to go. That way you can treat them to a delicious brunch easily and enjoy your time with loved ones! Add some fruit on the side and some coffee, juice or tea and brunch is served! What a wonderful way to show them you appreciate Grandma and Grandpa!
- Comfort Pie: Do you have a friend or neighbor who could use a little extra TLC? Maybe you know someone who has a recent illness or surgery and could use a little love in the form of an extra meal? Our Rosemary Chicken and Roasted Vegetable Pot Pies are made from scratch in our kitchen, then frozen so they make the perfect grab and go meal for some delicious and heartwarming comfort food. We make them in two sizes, the 6 inch and 10 inch, so they can be just right for an individual or family-size group. We will happily box them up and include a label with baking instructions for you here at the shop so they are ready to share with others. We even have note cards for no extra charge if you would like to include a little note to let them know you care.
- Mom (or Dad) and Me: Everyone is so busy these days that it can sometimes be hard to create a little special time with those we hold most dear, but it can be so meaningful to make time to spend with your loved ones. Children especially love to have that one-on-one time with mom or dad, no matter their age. After the next ball practice or music lesson, why not take a few extra moments to stop in for a slice of pie and to take a few moments to reconnect. Sometimes it is the small gestures and the little efforts we make to carve out special time with loved ones that can become fond memories we will always cherish. We would love to help make your day a special one!
- Thank You Pie: I mean it when I say you all are just the sweetest! While I have been here at PIE BAR, I have seen many of you come in to purchase gift cards to give and share your love for pie with others! Pastors, Hairdressers, Friends, Neighbors, Loved Ones, Teachers, Babysitters, Pet Sitters… a Pie Bar gift card is an excellent way to give back to those who give to us. What a great way to say thank you to someone and to let them treat themselves a little, too!
And with that I would like to say THANK YOU to all of you for being such wonderful, loyal customers! We truly appreciate you and are so grateful for you all! I look forward to seeing you and serving you very soon!